Dr.Explain: Help Authoring Software (CHM,RTF,HTML, PDF)

The help authoring and documentation writing software discussions



Table drawing error on PDF

Dr.Explain software discussion forum

Moderator: Dr.Explain Team

Re: Table drawing error on PDF

Postby CarloMaffei » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

screenshot.7.png
html large
screenshot.7.png (208.17 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
On html, the tables now don't use al the width, leaving so many empty space, if i use a larger % the table has a lot of empty caratters
CarloMaffei
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

PDF result of relative width

Postby CarloMaffei » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:54 pm

screenshot.9.png
table glued to the right margin of PDF A4 page
screenshot.9.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
On the PDF some tables are glued to the right margin, i tryied different % but no success.
CarloMaffei
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Narrow HTML: narrow table

Postby CarloMaffei » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 pm

On html the same table (using 30% relative width) changes correctly her width (leaving 70% of the width free for nothing, not nice but if this is the price for good PDF, I take it)
Attachments
screenshot.8.png
30% table on more lines when html is narrowed
screenshot.8.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
CarloMaffei
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Table drawing error on PDF

Postby CarloMaffei » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 pm

At the end I'm disapointed:
I don't think that my request is out of bound: I want to write the doc's only one time and have a good html and PDF result.
This means for me:
    the table uses the minimum number of text lines in every table line
    all the text of the table is readable in every format and width of the page
    the table position is ordened


I understand that html showed on widescreen and a PDF A4 vertical page are very very different media, but i nedd both of them.
The first for the online user manual, the second for the ISO stuff.
CarloMaffei
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Table drawing error on PDF

Postby DrExplain.com » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Carlo, please send your .GUI with tables to support@drexplain.com . We'll test them.
Dennis Crane
Dr.Explain Team
User avatar
DrExplain.com
Dr.Explain Team
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Re: Table drawing error on PDF

Postby CarloMaffei » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

it is the same big gui ERisWeb17.gui sendet to beta@drexplain.com for viewtopic.php?f=2&t=457.
the file is to big for normal email, it will be stored for 7 day's only on libero.it
CarloMaffei
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Previous

Return to Dr.Explain software discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron