FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Indigo Byte Systems, LLC
Dr.Explain 4.9 Creates “Viral” User Manuals and Software Help Systems
Indigo Byte Systems, LLC brings new opportunities for software vendors and technical authors with a release of Dr.Explain 4.9 which can help promote software products through social networks.
May 27, 2013 — Indigo Byte Systems, LLC announces the release of Dr.Explain 4.9 , an application used by software developers and technical authors to automate the creation of software help systems and user manuals.
It‘s available as a free download from the Dr.Explain’s website: http://www.drexplain.com
Dr.Explain is based on a unique interface analysis and screen capture system. Thanks to this system, Dr.Explain can automatically analyze an application’s user interface, take screenshots of all controls (including buttons, menus, lists, and editable areas), and then add explanatory callouts to all images in the draft help system. After that, all one needs to do is add descriptions to the callouts, and save the result in the HTML, CHM, RTF, or PDF format.
What’s new in Dr.Explain 4.9
In addition to the features available in the previous version (see the change list), version 4.9 offers some new ones:
- New interactive design of online user manuals. The modern style, a number of ready-made color schemes, and flexible settings for creating a unique design let one easily make the online user manual an integral part of the corporate or product website.
- Social media optimization (SMO) of user manuals. In the new version of Dr.Explain, some tools have been added for promoting software products through social networks. A software developer can add the “Like” (Facebook), “Google +1”, “Tweet”, or other buttons to the pages of the online user manual. Users that like some feature of the software product can easily create posts about it in their social networks, so that their friends will quickly learn about the application via a news feed.
- User generated content. Now Dr.Explain can add widgets for commenting on Facebook or Disqus (the most popular content commenting platform) to a help system in order to provide instant feedback from software product users and create a strong “viral” effect. This way, information about the product can easily spread over social networks even without any efforts on the software developer’s part, creating a brand recognition effect.
- Adding videos to user manuals. Dr.Explain provides a handy tool for adding videos from YouTube and other popular video hosting services to user manuals, which will make the help system even more vivid, informative, and illustrative.
- Instant PDF preview. The quick PDF preview feature lets one easily preview pages without fully exporting the help project to the PDF format.
Availability and compatible devices
Dr.Explain 4.9 can be used on a PC with Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, or 8. For more details, explanatory videos, and the trial version of the product, please visit the developer’s website: http://www.drexplain.com
Watch a live video demo: http://www.drexplain.com/live_demo/
Download a free trial: http://www.drexplain.com/download/ (32 Mb)
About Indigo Byte Systems, LLC
Indigo Byte Systems, LLC is a provider of help authoring and software documentation technologies. Indigo Byte's flagship product Dr.Explain is now the documentation authoring solution of choice for thousands of technology startups and Fortune 1000 corporations such as Hewlett-Packard, NEC, Fujitsu, Bosch, Lockheed Martin and Michelin. Indigo Byte Systems is a certified Microsoft Partner with Silver Independent Software Vendor (ISV) competence. The company was co-founded by Dennis Zhuravlev, Ph.D. in Computer Science (CAD\CAM systems). For more information about Indigo Byte Systems, please visit http://www.drexplain.com
# # #
NOTE FOR EDITORS: A REVIEWERS' LICENSE ALONG WITH A PRESS KIT ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Indigo Byte Systems, LLC
CEO, lead developer