Colum McAndrew / RoboColum(n) Consulting
A highly respected Technical Communicator and Fellow of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC). A passion for content strategy, usability and information design has resulted in regular attendance at industry events. In turn a strong industry profile has resulted in projects being delivered using innovative user assistance techniques. Specifically skills include:
- Championed the engagement of Technical Writers in discussions on less traditional areas of content delivery (e.g. error messages, UI design) in order to improve a product’s usability.
- Localisation of computer based training and help files including liaison with translators.
- Advising internal departments on how Technical Writers fit into an Agile development methodology.
- Expert technical communication product knowledge resulting in MVP status and membership of vendor beta test teams.
- Single sourcing modularised training documentation thereby reducing maintenance costs and speeding the product’s delivery.
- Implementing a system of collecting usage data, analysed the results to improve both the documentation a product's usability.
- Embedding video, flow charts and other forms of interactive user assistance inside documentation deliverables.
- Delivering documentation in a variety of online, local and mobile formats.